If you’re like most people, the idea of saving money on insurance is something that peaks your interest. Motorcycles are often less expensive than cars; plus they use less gas. So, finding ways to spend less on motorcycle insurance seems only fitting. Here are a few money-saving ideas to discuss with your independent insurance agent.
· Raise your deductible: The deductible is the amount you’re responsible for paying following a claim, after which your insurance provider can cover the remaining balance. By raising your deductible—say from $250 to $500—you lower your monthly premiums. Consider it a perk of assuming more of the risk if you’re involved in an accident or other claimable event.
· Take a safety course: By taking a certified motorcycle safety course, you prove to your insurance provider that you’re invested in becoming a safe rider. Many insurance providers may reward you with a discount after the completion of a course. Check with your insurer to see which courses qualify. If given the opportunity, try to select a Motorcycle Safety Foundation-based course, as they are well-known for high safety standards.
· Store your bike safely: Safety isn’t solely an on-the-road concern. Where and how you store your motorcycle affect the risk of it being stolen, vandalized or damaged by the elements. You may find that your rates are lower if you store your bike indoors and/or if you install an alarm system to protect your bike.
· Join a motorcycle club: Apart from the comradery of individuals who share your hobby, motorcycle clubs also provide training to help you improve your riding skills. Any training is viewed as a positive factor by insurance providers, so a membership to a riding club may earn you a small discount.
· Talk to your agent: Your independent insurance agent is familiar with the ins and outs of the industry and he or she can help you find a motorcycle insurance policy that meets both your needs and budget. Better yet, your agent will do all the legwork for you and provide you with a few quotes to choose from.
Find out how much you could save. Call Low Rate Insurance Agency at (817) 635-0375 for more information on Arlington motorcycle insurance.