When operating a motor vehicle, observing all the rules of the road is important. This means having the right car insurance policy in place, maintaining the right speeds and observing other drivers around you. One of the most important things to remember is that reckless driving can cause more harm than you know.
Reckless or aggressive driving includes a number of elements that go beyond weaving in and out of traffic. Drunk driving, excessive speeding and road rage are all indications of reckless driving, and they could severely impact your auto insurance premiums. Here are some statistics of a recent study by the National Highway Traffic and Safety Administration:
- 62 percent of drivers said they felt threatened by the behavior of another driver
- 36 percent said another driver cutting in front of them was threatening behavior
- 75 percent feel it is important to do something about reckless drivers
- 32 percent said they have driven at least ten miles over the speed limit on a highway in the last week
- 61 percent said law enforcement does not enforce tailgating violations
What Does This Mean?
This means that when you drive recklessly, you are endangering or threatening the lives of others. It only takes one person who behaves more modestly on the road to be in the path of a reckless driver and a serious accident could occur. This is why it’s so important to have an active auto insurance policy that will help protect you in the event of an accident. Stuff happens, but being proactive is key and could possibly save your life. Here are a few safety tips to remember each time you get behind the wheel:
- Avoid driving too close to other vehicles
- Always use your turning signals
- Don't consume alcohol before or while driving
- Refrain from weaving in and out of traffic
- Be aware of other drivers and their behaviors
- Don't blast music that could startle other drivers
Being aware of other drivers should always be on your mind as you get behind the wheel. Use your safe driving skills and don’t take the chance of not having the right car insurance policy in place. It’s worth the time and money to work with an independent insurance agent to get the coverage you need. Your life could depend on it.
Your safety is important to Low Rate Insurance Agency. Call 817.635.0375 for more information on Mansfield auto insurance.